One of the best ways to select a contractor despite all the social media companies like Google, Bing, and Yelp, and the list continues is to ask friends and relatives for recommendations.
You may also contact a DoorAdiver.PRO for referrals for your area that have been screened by our experts in the industry. We have stringent guidelines for our members to follow. Our Outside Field Agents in your area will provide you with a list of available contractors.
Follow these guidelines when selecting a contractor:
- get three references and review their past work;
- get at least three bids;
- get a written contract, and don’t sign anything until you completely understand the terms;
- pay 10% down or $1,000 whichever is less;
- don’t let payments get ahead of the work;
- don’t pay cash;
- don’t make final payment until you’re satisfied with the job; and
- don’t rush into repairs or be pressured into making an immediate decision.